Friday, July 15, 2005

Friday Spies: Living and Dying in 3/4 Time Edition

From the boys at BTQ, Friday Spies.

1. What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up?

I generally go to bed around midnight or one and wake up ninish. I'm not looking forward to having a real job that starts ninish.

2. What do you want done to/with your body after you die?

Morbid fears of worms (thanks to that pinochle song we all heard as kids) have convinced me that cremation is the smart choice. The ashes themselves are a challenge. Can't scatter them due to aforementioned worm fear. Won't have any descendants to guilt into putting them on the mantel. And paying for a marble box to inter the ashes in seems silly. Maybe I should make myself into a LifeGem instead.

3. Describe your dream house.

I don't want a big house. They are a waste of money and you end up not using the rooms and buying furniture to fill the unused rooms and paying someone to clean the unused rooms . . . so, what my dream house should have:

-a small yard sufficient for two or three flower/gardening beds and a hammock. No grass. I hate grass.
-Two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. The spare bedroom will be an office/library with a small sofa bed in it for visitors.
-a shower stall with glass walls (because I've seen Psycho too many times) and a bathtub
-wood or tile floors
-a living room, a small dining/breakfast room, and a large kitchen with plenty of counter space.
-oodles of built-in bookshelves
-central air conditioning and gas appliances

4. Are you an excellent driver? Do you speed, or drive the speed limit? Ever been ticketed?

I have been told that I can be a scary driver on occasion, but I have never been in a real accident (bumping poles doesn't count). I've never gotten a ticket, even a parking ticket (at least from real cops; parking citations from revenue-seeking campus cops don't count either). Speeding I do if that's the speed of traffic; if you went 55 on the Santa Monica freeway you would die.

5. What is your favorite animal, mineral, and vegetable?

Dog, salt, and banana. Not all at the same time, though.
blog comments powered by Disqus